The internet… this huge resource of information. Have you ever considered the risks you are exposing to? And we are not thinking only about privacy, but also about the dangers of online shopping, for instance. This is why we’d like to share some very important tips to help you stay safe when you use the internet.
- First think, then click. :) You probably get tons of emails trying to sell miracle solutions to any problem. Never click on these links or any other link from people you don’t know or vaguely know. These phishing emails have links that lead to websites that can lure you into giving personal information or download malware to your computer.
- Shop safely. Make sure the site you are buying from has the “https” and a padlock icon to the left or right of the URL. Also, protect yourself and check if the website is secure. For instance, at the bottom of HablaCuba.com you’ll find some security labels offered by institutions who have certified the transactions processed as being safe: Trustee, Trustwave, BBB. Yes, it’s all about confirmed trust, people!
- First think, then post. Think about what you write in chats, emails, and instant messages. Nothing online is completely private. If you send personal information, provocative photos or intimate details to your friends, remember that even friends can use this against you or cause problems later on.
- Use strong passwords and change them regularly. Letters are not enough, use combinations of small and capital letters, numbers, and special characters. Also, it is not recommended to use the same password for all your accounts.
- Exit. Don’t forget to log out once your work is done. Decide how long you should spend on your computer each day and log off when the time is up.