Each year we say we’ll start doing this, or stop doing that. But often our big plans get secretly abandoned sometime in January. Whatever resolutions you might have set for 2016, the important thing is to enjoy everything life gives you, to see every challenge as an opportunity to improve yourself.
That’s why, whatever happens this year, make it amazing. Here are 5 tips for Cuban expats on how to make 2016 totally awesome:
1. Keep showing and telling telling your loved ones how much they mean to you! Sometimes it’s hard to find time for these little things but at the end of the day a short “Hello, how are you?” or just a short message saying “I miss you!” is worth more than you’ve ever imagined.
2. Stop worrying! Sooner or later, all issues are eventually solved. Why worry about what might happen next month?Enjoy today and you’ll have enough energy to face tomorrow’s challenges smiling.
3. Reconnect with old friends! Remember the way talking about good old days and childhood Cuba feels like? Try to relive this feeling!
4. Start a new hobby. You don’t even have to know exactly which hobby you want to start, just start something. If you find out that you don’t really like it, you can always switch.
5. Be grateful for everything you have: your family and friends back in Cuba, your new friends, all the people and things that make you the way you are. And don’t keep it to yourself. Call them and let them know how grateful you are for having them in your life.